From: "Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly: Bud Walker", in "All Politics" section of CNN.com website (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/1998/states/NY/H/26/william.walker.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
William H. "Bud" Walker (R) of Clintondale
- Born: February 11, 1956, Poughkeepsie.
- Education: Syracuse U., B.A., 1978; Harvard U., M.B.A., 1982.
- Military Service: None.
- Occupation: Apple farmer; apple marketing company founder; broadcasting company owner.
- Family: Wife, Amy; four children.
- Religion: Quaker.
- Political Career: No previous office.