The Religious Affiliation of U.S. Congressman
Rep. Lamar Smith
From: "Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly: Lamar Smith", in "All Politics" section of CNN.com website (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/1998/states/TX/H/21/lamar.smith.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
Lamar Smith (R) of San Antonio
Incumbent - elected 1986
- Born: November 19, 1947, San Antonio.
- Education: Yale U., B.A., 1969; Southern Methodist U., J.D., 1975.
- Military Service: None.
- Occupation: Lawyer; rancher.
- Family: Wife, Elizabeth Lynn Schaefer; two children.
- Religion: Christian Scientist.
- Political Career: Texas House, 1981-82; Bexar County Commissioners Court, 1983-85.
Webpage created 1 December 2005. Last modified 1 December 2005.
We are always striving to increase the accuracy and usefulness of our website. We are happy to hear from you. Please submit questions, suggestions, comments, corrections, etc. to: firstname.lastname@example.org.