From: "About Ike" page on official website of Rep. Ike Skelton (http://www.house.gov/skelton/about.html; viewed 2005):
Skelton is an Eagle Scout, a member of Sigma Chi social fraternity, a Lions Club member, and vice chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation. Skelton is an elder of the First Christian Church in Lexington [a Disciples of Christ congregation].
From: "Ike Sketon" page on "Gov Track" website (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400377; viewed 1 December 2005):
United States Representative
State: Missouri, District 4
Birthday: Dec 20, 1931 / 73 years old
Religion: First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
From: "Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly: Ike Skelton", in "All Politics" section of CNN.com website (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/1998/states/MO/H/04/ike.skelton.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
Ike Skelton (D) of Lexington
Incumbent - elected 1976
- Born: December 20, 1931, Lexington.
- Education: Wentworth Military Academy, A.A., 1951; U. of Edinburgh (Scotland), 1953; U. of Missouri, A.B., 1953, LL.B., 1956.
- Military Service: None.
- Occupation: Lawyer.
- Family: Wife, Susan Anding; three children.
- Religion: Christian Church.
- Political Career: Lafayette County prosecuting attorney, 1957-60; Mo. special assistant attorney general, 1961-63; Mo. Senate, 1971-77.