|< Return to Famous members of the Christian Churches and Churches of Christ (Stone-Campbell)
The Religious Affiliation of Politician
Based on self-submitted biographical information published in Congressional Quarterly, Tom McMillin is a member of the Stone-Campbell religious body known as the "Christian Churches and Churches of Christ" (CC/CC), whose members routinely identify their religious affiliation only as "Christian Church." Possibly he is a member of the related Stone-Campbell denomination known as the "Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)." Politicians who are members of that denomination usually specify their religious affiliation as "Disciples of Christ," but sometimes use the phrase "Christian Church" as well.
From: "Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly: Tom McMillin", in "All Politics" section of CNN.com website (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/1998/states/MI/H/09/tom.mcmillin.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
Tom McMillin (R) of Auburn Hills
- Born: June 6, 1965, Kansas City, Kan.
- Education: U. of Michigan, B.A., 1987.
- Military Service: None.
- Occupation: Accountant; campaign manager; state employee.
- Family: Divorced; one child.
- Religion: Christian Church.
- Political Career: Candidate for Auburn Hills City Council, 1991; candidate for Oakland County Commissioner, 1992; Auburn Hills City Council, 1993-present.
Webpage created 1 December 2005. Last modified 1 December 2005.
We are always striving to increase the accuracy and usefulness of our website. We are happy to hear from you. Please submit questions, suggestions, comments, corrections, etc. to: email@example.com.