|< Return to Religious Affiliation of U.S. Congress|
< Return to Famous Disciples of Christ
The Religious Affiliation of U.S. Congressman
Rep. Ken Lucas
Rep. Ken Lucas is a member of the Stone-Campbell denomination known as the "Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)", whose members typically identify themselves as "Disciples of Christ."
From: "Ken Lucas" page on "Elections U.S.A." website (http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6228/states/ky/ky4.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
From: "Ken Lucas" profile on "Congress.org" website (http://www.eactivist.org/congressorg/bio/?id=267&congress=1082&lvl=C; viewed 1 December 2005):
Kentucky 4th CD
Ken Lucas (D, 1st term)
Previous Occupation: Financial Planner
Education: MBA Xavier Univ., 1970
Birthplace: Kenton County
Spouse: Mary Kappas
Religion: Disciples of Christ - Christian Church
Marital Status: Married (Mary Kappas)
Prev. Occupation: Financial Planner
Prev. Political Exp.: Florence City Council, 1967-74; Boone Co. Commissioner, 1974-82; Boone Co. Judge-Executive, 1992-98
Education: BS University of Kentucky, 1955; MBA Xavier University, 1970
Military: USAF, 1955-57; USANG, 1957-67
Birthplace: Kenton Co., KY
Religion: Disciples of Christ
From: "Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly: Ken Lucas", in "All Politics" section of CNN.com website (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/1998/states/KY/H/04/ken.lucas.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
Ken Lucas (D) of Richwood
- Born: August 22, 1933, Covington.
- Education: U. of Kentucky, B.S., 1955; Xavier U., M.B.A., 1970.
- Military Service: Air Force, 1955-57; Air National Guard, 1957-67.
- Occupation: Financial planner; chamber of commerce chairman; university regent.
- Family: Wife, Mary; five children.
- Religion: Christian Church.
- Political Career: Florence City Council, 1967-74; Boone County commissioner, 1974-82; Boone County judge-executive, 1992-98.
Webpage created 1 December 2005. Last modified 1 December 2005.
We are always striving to increase the accuracy and usefulness of our website. We are happy to hear from you. Please submit questions, suggestions, comments, corrections, etc. to: email@example.com.