The Religious Affiliation of U.S. Congressman
Rep. George W. Gekas
From: "Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly: George W. Gekas", in "All Politics" section of CNN.com website (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/1998/states/PA/H/17/george.gekas.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
George W. Gekas (R) of Harrisburg
Incumbent - elected 1982
- Born: April 14, 1930, Harrisburg.
- Education: Dickinson College, B.A., 1952; Dickinson School of Law, LL.B., 1958, J.D., 1958.
- Military Service: Army, 1953-55.
- Occupation: Lawyer.
- Family: Wife, Evangeline Charas.
- Religion: Greek Orthodox.
- Political Career: Pa. House, 1967-75; Republican nominee for Pa. House, 1974; Pa. Senate, 1977-83; assistant district attorney.
Webpage created 1 December 2005. Last modified 1 December 2005.
We are always striving to increase the accuracy and usefulness of our website. We are happy to hear from you. Please submit questions, suggestions, comments, corrections, etc. to: email@example.com.