From: "Candidate Profile from Congressional Quarterly: Jean Parvin Bordewich", in "All Politics" section of CNN.com website (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/1998/states/NY/H/26/william.walker.html; viewed 1 December 2005):
Jean Parvin Bordewich (D) of Barrytown
- Born: July 17, 1957, Washington, D.C.
- Education: Brown U., B.A., 1973; George Washington U., M.B.A., 1982.
- Military Service: None.
- Occupation: Technical publishing company owner; editor; writer; congressional aide.
- Family: Husband, Fergus; one child.
- Religion: Quaker.
- Political Career: Candidate for Red Hook Town Council, 1995; Red Hook Town Council, 1997-present.