< Return to Famous Adherents page
- Sigmund Freud - Swiss psychiatrist who founded the religion of Freudianism (also known as the Freudian school of psychology, Freudian psychoanalysis)
- Julie Andrews - singer, actress
- Bernardo Bertolucci - Italian movie director (The Last Emperor; Last Tango in Paris; The Little Buddha; etc.)
- Sergei Eisenstein - influential Russian film director, pioneer of montage film editing
- Marie Bonaparte - princess, French psychoanalysist, popularizing of Freud's doctrines
- Anna Freud - daughter of Freudianism founder Sigmund Freud; helped establish child psychoanalysis
- Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson - Sanskrit specialist who embraced Freudianism; important writer about history of Freudian psychoanalysis; wrote about emotional life of animals and sexual abuse
- Otto Rank - Austrian psychologist who extended Freudian/psychoanalytic theory to the study of legend, myth, art
- Jean-Paul Sartre - French existentialist philosopher, dramatist, novelist and critic
- Wilhelm Reich - founder of Reichianism, also known as Orgonomy, a belief system centered on sexual climax
Famous Freudians / Famous devotees of Sigmnund Freud / notable adherents of Freudianism webpage copyright © 2005 by Adherents.com.
Web page created 20 August 2005. Last modified 19 April 2007.
We are always striving to increase the accuracy and usefulness of our website. We are happy to hear from you. Please submit questions, suggestions, comments, corrections, etc. to: firstname.lastname@example.org.